1) Channa dal (gram dal) - 2 cups.
2) Coriander leaves - 1/4 cups.
3) Namak (salt) - 3/4 cups.
4) Curry leaves - A handful.
5) Lalmirch(red chillies) - 4.
6) Green chillies - 3
7) Adrak (ginger) - 1 cm.
8) Piaz (onion) - 2
1) Soak gram dal in water for a couple of hours.
2) Wash with cold water. Then drain off the water.
3) Wash and chop onion, green chillies, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
4) Grind the dal in coarse pieces with red chillies.
5) Add all the other ingredients and roll the resulting mixture into vadas(balls). Deep fry in oil till the balls turn golden in colour.
6) Your Gram Dal Vada is ready and can be served either hot or cold. Tastes great with a dahi bath(curd spread) all over.